Rooflights and skylights can be fitted into most buildings in some way. There are plenty of different options for you so it’s a matter of choosing the right one for you. Here are some thoughts to guide you in the right direction:
- Choose rooflights that are the right pitch. Check in the specification, as some will only be suitable for flat roofs.
- Ask the supplier. A good supplier will know all about the products and rooflights they sell. They can also advise you on installation.
- Look at online galleries. This will give you an idea about the types of products that are on the market and what kind of look you are going for.
- Think about functionality. Do you need smoke vents? Do you want your rooflight to be hinged to allow for extra ventilation?
- Decide on glass or polycarbonate. Glass is more premium and is usually used in homes.